The Department of Energy Business, the Ministry of Energy of Thailand, announced “Notification of Department of Energy Business: Fire protection and extinguishing system with fire sprinkler for the gas cylinders storage area at Type 3 Liquefied Petroleum Gas Usage Storage Premises B.E. 2563 (2020)” in the Royal Gazette on 19 October 2020. The notification sets out a specification of the fire sprinkler system required for facilities using LPG of 1000 L or more from gas cylinders.
In case the facility use LPG of 1000 L or more by gas cylinders, the facility shall have a sprinkler system as follows;
- The system can discharge water for at least 15 minutes with designed pressure. Two or more sprinkler heads shall be installed within a distance of less than 3.7 m.
- Enough amount of available water shall be prepared to support (1).
- The capacity of the water pump shall be 82 L/min or more for 1 sprinkler head.
- Piping shall be made of steel or copper and stably fixed.
- The number of sprinkler heads, pipe diameter, pump capacity and amount of water shall be prepared as following table/
|Sprinkler Heads||Main Pipe Diameter
|Branched Pipe Diameter
(L / min)
|Amount of Water
65 (2 1/2)
32 (1 1/4)
32 (1 1/4)
40 (1 1/2)
In addition, the system shall have an annual inspection.
Download original text of the Notification at