On 9 July 2020, Department of Industrial Works (DIW), Ministry of Industry, Thailand announced “Notification of the Department of Industrial Works: Existing Chemicals Inventory in Thailand No. 1 B.E. 2563 (2020)” dated on 22 June 2020 on its website. The inventory is the 1st existing chemical inventory developed by the DIW and backed by Hazardous Substance Act B.E.2535 (1992).
- DIW opened its 1st existing chemicals inventory to public in July 2020.
- The inventory compiles information between 1995 and 2017.
- 11,474 substances has listed in the first inventory (as of July 2020).
- The inventory is an online database which enables users to search chemical information by chemical name, molecular formulas, hazard type classified by Hazardous Substance Act, CAS RN, or new chemical.
Existing Chemicals Inventory in Thailand
Thailand started to collect information of existing chemicals by “Notification of Ministry of Industry: Declaration of the production or import of hazardous substances of list 5.6 under the responsibility of Department of Industrial Works B.E. 2558 (2015)” which requires producers and importers of hazardous chemicals with 10 hazardous property to notify composition information to DIW. Producers or importers of hazardous substance in the amount more than 1,000 kilograms per year shall declare the information via online system. In case the amount is 1,000 kilograms per year or less, producer or importer can notify on a voluntary basis.
Green & Blue Planet Solutions Co., Ltd., EnviX’s subsidiary company headquartered in Bangkok, Thailand organized an online seminar regarding existing chemicals inventory on 7 August 2020. At the seminar, a guest speaker Mr. Naratip Lauhatirananda, Senior Scientist of Hazardous Substance Management Division, DIW confirmed followings;
- Purpose of the announcement is to disseminate information of existing chemicals for the benefit of industries
- The inventory has no legal impact at this moment as the regulation to control new chemicals has not announced yet.
- DIW has not announced cut off date for the notification of existing chemicals yet. Producers or importers who would like their substances to be listed in the inventory can still notify chemical information.
- Regulation to control new chemicals would be established in future.
Download original text of the Notification of DIW at
Unofficial translation of the Notification is available at