The Ministry of Public Health of Thailand published three notifications regarding cosmetics in the Royal Gazette on 21 June 2021. The notifications restrict chemical ingredients used for the production of cosmetics by virtue of the Cosmetics Act B.E.2558 (2015). Three notifications are;
- Notification of Ministry of Health Re: Prescribing color additives for use in cosmetic products, B.E. 2564 (2021)
The notification, which replaces the previous notification in 2016, lists color additives which are permitted to use for cosmetics as follows;
- substances listed in the Annex of the notification
- food pigment prescribed in the Notification of Ministry of Public Health and
- color listed in the CFR（Code of Federal Regulation）and approved by USFDA (United States Food and Drug Administration )
The notification also added “mica” as the color additives in cosmetic products, while setting out the limited concentration of “carbon black” No. 129) and prohibiting “zinc oxide” (No. 147) in some cosmetic products to prevent inhalation.
- Notification of Ministry of Public Health Re: Prescribing name, quantity, and condition of chemicals that may be used as ingredients in cosmetic production (No.5), B.E. 2564 (2021)
The notification added conditions for flower extract and flower oil (No. 199 and 200) and added a new item to the list (No. 201)
- Notification of Ministry of Public Health Re: Displaying cautionary on cosmetic labels containing substances used as ingredients in cosmetics manufacturing (No.4), B.E. 2564 (2021)
The notification added a new substance to the list in harmony with the above-mentioned new addition (No. 201).
These notifications have been effective from the next day of the announcement in the Royal Gazette.