On 28 November 2019, Department of Industrial Works (DIW) ,Ministry of Industry, Thailand, published a Notification of Department of Industrial Works regarding notification, license application and issuance of pass certification for passing of hazardous substances under the jurisdiction of Department of Industrial Works B.E.2562 (2019) in the Royal Gazette. The notification, which came into effect on the next day of announcement, stipulates the procedure for passing of hazardous substances, in which the concept was newly introduced by the latest amendment of Hazardous Substance Act (HSA) in 2019.
Latest amendment of Hazardous Substance Act in April 2019
The revised HSA defines “passing” as “passing of hazardous substances into or out of Thailand with the departing location and the destination of transportation are outside the Kingdom of Thailand.” This amendment made the import-export procedure of hazardous substance passing through Thailand easier and simpler for the benefit of transporters. Followings are the requirements of the revised HSA;
- a person who wish to pass Type 1 or Type 2 hazardous substance shall notify prior to the passing every time and
- a person who wish to pass Type 3 hazardous substance shall obtain a license prior to the passing.
Requirements of the Notification of DIW
The DIW notification requires followings;
- hazardous substances are defined as the substances of Type1, 2 and 3 under the control of DIW based on List 5.1, List 5.2, List 5.3, List 5.4 and List 5.5 of the hazardous substance list
- a person who wish to pass Type 1 or Type 2 hazardous substance shall notify the official in advance with the Vor Or./ Or Kor.26 together with the other required documents
- a person who wish to pass Type 3 hazardous substance shall submit an application form (Vor Or./ Or Kor. 27) with the other required documents to obtain license and
- a person who pass hazardous substances shall hold an insurance against costs that may arise from the disposal or disposal of hazardous substances.
The notification came force on 29 November 2019.
Download original text of the Notification at