On July 20, 2020, the Prime Minister Decision “No. 1055/QD-TTg on the national plan for climate change adaptation for the period of 2021-2030 with a vision to 2050” were enacted, which aims to implement the Resolution “No. 93/NQ-CP dated Oct. 31, 2016 on the approval of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change in Vietnam”. The decision sets out the national plan for addressing climate change, its goals, and an implementation schedule of measures and tasks.
The original text of the decision can be downloaded from the following URL:
- To improve adaptation capacity by strengthening national management against climate change. Specifically, climate change adaptation activities will be integrated into state strategic and planning systems.
- To increase the resilience and adaptation capacity of communities and industrial sectors by raising awareness and investing in science and technology to respond rapidly to climate change.
- To mitigate the risk and damage of climate change-related disasters, and enhance preparedness to respond to extreme weather and natural disasters.
The measures/tasks defined in this plan are divided into the following seven categories. The specific measures/tasks in each category will be set by the authorized ministries and agencies.
- Strengthening of national management (23 tasks)
- Agriculture (43 tasks)
- Natural disasters (26 tasks)
- Environment and biodiversity (10 tasks)
- Water resources (17 tasks)
- Infrastructure (25 tasks)
- Other areas (health, labor and society, culture, sports, and travel, etc.) (19 tasks)
|2021 to 2025||
|2026 to 2030||
|2031 to 2050||
More specific tasks are set out in the Annex to this decision.