On August 9, 2019, India’s Bureau of Energy Efficiency announced that it revised the energy efficiency standards and design of labels for agricultural pumps, one of the products covered under the “Standards & Labeling Programme”. Agriculture pump sets are categorized into a group which labeling is optional. The revisions are based on the decision of the Technical Committee in May and June 2019.
The main contents are as follows.
- The criteria for the star rating applicable from January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2022 shall be as follows.
|Star rating||Performance factor of the pump sets|
|1 star||≥1.00 & ＜1.10|
|2 star||≥1.10 & ＜1.20|
|3 star||≥1.20 & ＜1.30|
|4 star||≥1.30 & ＜1.40|
- new label proposed by BEE（sample）:
- Labels acquired under the existing standards will be automatically expired as of December 31, 2019.
- Applications for labels based on the existing standards can be acceptable until November 30, 2019.
- For agricultural pumps that have already been labeled, if wish to continue using the label, the application must be done on the dedicated portal from December 1, 2019 onwards.
- Applying for the labels for new models under the new standards will be opened from December 1, 2019.