On November 16, 2020, India notified the draft on quality control orders for methylene chloride, red phosphorus and 3(N, N di-ethyl) aminophenol to WTO-TBT and 60 days-comment has been conducted. Those chemicals shall be complied with the corresponding Indian Standards (IS). Each order will be taken effect on 181 days from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette. The main provisions are as follows.
https://docsonline.wto.org/dol2fe/Pages/SS/directdoc.aspx?filename=q:/G/TBTN20/IND175.pdf&Open=True （3(N, N di-ethyl) aminophenol）
- Those chemicals except ones for export shall be complied with the corresponding Indian standards (see below).
|Goods or articles||Indian Standard||Tile of Indian Standard|
|methylene chloride||IS 4566 : 2020||Specification for Methylene Chloride (Dichloromethane)- Technical|
|red phosphorus||IS 2012 : 2006||Red Phosphorus – Specification|
|3(N, N di-ethyl) aminophenol||IS 7686 : 2020||Specification for 3(N, N Di-Ethyl) Aminophenol – Specification|
The Indian Standards that must be complied with shall be the latest version in force at all times.
- Goods or articles specified in the table shall conform to the corresponding Indian Standard as specified in the said table and shall bear the Standard Mark under a licence from Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) as per the Scheme I of Schedule II of the “Bureau of Indian Standards (Conformity Assessment) Regulations, 2018”
- Any person who contravenes the provisions of these orders shall be punishable under the provisions of the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 2016.
These orders can be downloaded from the following URL.
- Methylene Chloride (Dichloromethane) (Quality Control) Order, 2020 https://members.wto.org/crnattachments/2020/TBT/IND/20_7061_00_e.pdf
- Red Phosphorus (Quality Control) Order, 2020 https://members.wto.org/crnattachments/2020/TBT/IND/20_7062_00_e.pdf
- 3(N, N Di-Ethyl) Aminophenol (Quality Control) Order, 2020 https://members.wto.org/crnattachments/2020/TBT/IND/20_7060_00_e.pdf