As the only province that implements the pilot project- “Promotion the Consumption of Renewal of Household Appliances by Improving the Waste Household Appliances Recycling and Treatment System”, the government of Shandong Province announced the “Implementation Plan for the Pilot Project of Promotion the Consumption of Renewal of Household Appliances by Improving the Waste Household Appliances Recycling and Treatment System in Shandong Province” at the end of October 2020. The implementation plan specialized the overall requirements, basic principles, goals and objectives, support measures and implementation procedures of the pilot project.
The plan sets a target of increasing the normative collection and treatment of “four types of machines and one computer” (waste televisions, refrigerators, washing machines, air conditioners and computers) by 10% to 5.7 million by the end of 2020, and increasing the sales of household appliances to over 8 billion yuan through trade-in campaigns. In addition, by 2022, a well-developed waste household appliances collection and treatment system will be established, the normative collection and treatment of “four types of machines and one computer” will increase by 35% to 7 million, increasing the sales of household appliances by over 15 billion yuan through trade-in campaigns under the plan.
In order to achieve the above goals, five issues have been put forward: extend producer responsibility, improve of the recycling network of waste household appliances, improve the treatment capacity of waste household appliances, promotion the consumption of renewal of household appliances, and increase supervision and enforcement.
In addition, support measures for the pilot project are also clarified as follows.
- For the new waste household appliances recycling station, government should take it as urban public infrastructure facilities, make the plan and guarantee the land use for it.
- If the related company is a small scale VAT taxpayer, the tax on premises and tax on land use will be reduced by half before 2021.
- For the waste household appliances recycling projects which meet certain requirements can be supported by funds from the central government and local province.
- Implement household appliances trade-in campaign, and encourage enterprises to issue coupons to consumers.
- Establish a provincial-level waste household appliances recycling enterprise federation to promote the normative development of the industry.
The implementation for the pilot project is divided into three stages during the period from August 2020 to the end of 2020: start up implementation stage, deepening implementation stage, and evaluation and promotion stage.
The plan also clarified that take the household appliance manufacturing enterprises in the province as leading factor, to integrate the links of services, sales, logistics, supply chain, design, production, purchasing and other processes of enterprises, build a multi-channel household appliances recycling modes and reverse logistics routes. And form a whole life cycle of household appliances recycling and reuse, which covers environmental protection and regeneration design + household appliances production + physical store sales channel + recycling platform + green regeneration treatment.
The original text of the announcement can be found from the following URL (Simplified Chinese).