The Ecology and Environment department and Market Supervision and Management Commission of Tianjin, China released a revised regional standard- “Emission Control Standard for Industrial Enterprises Volatile Organic Compounds” (DB12/524-2020) on Oct 23,2020. This standard will enter into force on Nov 11,2020. The outline of the standard, which is a revised version of 2014 version, are as follows.
- Petroleum refining and petrochemical, pharmaceutical manufacturing, rubber products manufacturing, coating, ink and adhesive manufacturing, plastic products manufacturing, electronic industry, automobile manufacturing, printing industry, furniture manufacturing, surface coating, ferrous metal smelting and other industries.
Strengthen the requirement of organized emission limits
- Additional requirements are as follows.
- The removal efficiency of non-methane hydrocarbons (NMHC) shall be more than 80% for the VOCs exhaust stack of key industries (pharmaceutical manufacturing, coating, ink and adhesive manufacturing, automobile manufacturing, furniture manufacturing, surface coating, pesticide manufacturing).
- For rubber products manufacturing, plastic products manufacturing and other industries, the removal efficiency of non-methane hydrocarbons shall be more than 80% when the initial emission rate of non-methane hydrocarbons in the collected waste gas is more than or equal to 2kg / h.
- With the exception of the raw material comply with the relevant national regulations for low VOCs content products.
- The emission limit for various pollutants in various industries have been reduced (please refer to the original document for the detail, here is just an example). (The implementation date for new facilities is the implementation date of the standard, while for existing facilities is April 1, 2021)
- The allowable emission concentration of benzene in coating, ink and adhesive manufacturing industries: 1mg/m3. (The limit is 5 mg/m3 prior to the revision)
Improve the requirements of fugitive emission control
- The following limit requirements are newly added. (The implementation date for new facilities is the implementation date of the standard, while for existing facilities is April 1st, 2021)
|Explanation for the limit value||Monitoring position for fugitive emission|
|NMHC||2||One hour average concentration value at monitoring point||Monitoring points set up outside the plant|
|4||Any concentration value at the monitoring point|
|NMHC||6||One hour average concentration value at monitoring point||If the operation is carried out in an unclosed workshop, the monitoring points shall be set up beside the operation station|
|20||Any concentration value at the monitoring point|
The original text of the above standard can be found from the URL below (Simplified Chinese).