On May 15, 2020, the Ministry of Ecology and Environment of China announced the “2020 Volatile Organic Compound (VOCs) Countermeasures Strategy (exposure draft)” to thoroughly implement the “Notice on the Three-Year Action Plan to Win the battle against air pollution” (From the State Council  No. 22). Public opinions will be accepted until May 27, 2020.
By conducting a comprehensive planning mission, it is possible to reliably improve the pollution prevention capability of VOCs, reduce VOCs emissions, and effectively control pollution caused by ozone (O3) during the summer period.
- Promote raw material substitution of sources to reduce VOCs generation;
- Ensure that standard requirements are met and control of dissipation emissions is enhanced;
- Improve “collection rate”, “utilization rate” and “reduction rate” of pollution treatment facilities;
- Strengthen measures in industrial parks and industrial clusters, promote the green industry;
- Strengthen management and supervision of the storage, transport and sale of petroleum products;
- coordinated law enforcement and policy support;
- Improve monitoring system;
- Strengthen policy support;
- Enhance advertising education;
- Strengthen the organization’s leadership management system;
Appendix 1 of the plan describes the adjacent districts of the area to be implemented by the plan, in addition to the conventional Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei Region and surrounding districts, the Long Delta district, and The Fen Wei Plain, as well as the districts of JASH(which refers to Jiangsu, Anhui, Shandong, and Henan Province, respectively).
In addition, appendix 2 of the plan presents a list of industrial clusters associated with VOCs.
The original text of the above plan can be viewed from the following URL (Simplified Chinese).