China Chemical Safety Association on June 16 released two sets of safety standards for the chemical industry, both effective immediately:
- Guide for Safe Production Information Management in Chemical Enterprise (T/CCSAS010—2021)
- Guidelines of Safety Assessment for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Laboratories (T/CCSAS011—2021)
These standards have been introduced to reduce accidents at chemical manufacturing facilities and chemical laboratories. Here is an overview of the Guide for Safe Production Information Management in Chemical Enterprise:
The standards for production safety information management apply to companies manufacturing, using, dealing with or storing chemicals.
- Companies are required to establish a production safety information management system and prepare a production safety information role assignment table (安全生产信息职能分配表). The sample of this table provided in Appendix A of the guide (originally in Chinese) is shown below:
|Information category||Information name||Division in charge|
|Identification and collection||File storage||File updating|
|Equipment or facility|
- Divisions in charge collect, organize and keep all types of production safety information according to their assigned roles to prepare a production safety information list (安全生产信息清单).
Examples of production safety information
Here are a few examples of chemical hazard information, one of the production safety information categories in the production safety information role assignment table:
- Toxicity (e.g. carcinogenicity and skin corrosivity)
- Permissible exposure limits (e.g. occupational exposure limits [OELs])
- Physical parameters (e.g. viscosity, density and pH)
The full text of the standards (in simplified Chinese) is available at