On April 7, 2021, State Administration for Market Regulation of China made a WTO/TBT notification on the proposed revision to the mandatory national standard “Minimum Allowable Values of Energy Efficiency and Energy Efficiency Grades for Electric Fans” (GB 12021.9-2008). The deadline for submitting comments is 60 days after the date of notification. The date of publication has not been determined at this time (TBD). The changes in the revision are as follows
(1) The standard name was changed (the old name was “Minimum Allowable Values of Energy Efficiency and Energy Efficiency Grades for AC Fan Energy Efficiency Limit and Energy Efficiency Class”).
(2) A DC fan was added to the scope of application.
(3) The citation standard was changed accordingly.
(4) The definitions of “standby power” and “wind gathering fan” were added to Terms and Definitions.
(5) The energy efficiency values for each grade of product are revised, the standby power requirements for each grade of product are added, and the method of calculating the energy efficiency value for fans is added.
(6) Standby power requirements have been added to the technical requirements.
(7) The entire contents of Chapter 6 of the former standard have been deleted.
(8) Normative Appendix A was added.
Scope of the proposed amendment
The standard specifies the energy efficiency grade, minimum allowable value of energy efficiency and test methods of electric fan. This standard is applicable to table fans, rotary fans, wall fans, slide fans, floor fans and ceiling fans driven by motors with single-phase rated voltage not exceeding 250V and other rated voltages not exceeding 480v.
Revised energy efficiency grade
There are 3 energy efficiency grades for electric fans, and the grade with the highest energy efficiency is class 1. The energy efficiency value in each grade of energy efficiency of electric fan shall be more than the value specified in the table below.
|Type||Specification x/mm||Energy efficiency value/[m3/(min-w)|
|Energy efficiency grade|
|Grade 1||Grade 2||Grade 3|
|table fans, rotary fans, wall fans, slide fans, floor fans||200||1.00||0.70||0.45|
The original WTO/TBT notification draft of the proposed revision to the “Minimum Allowable Values of Energy Efficiency and Energy Efficiency Grades for Electric Fans ” can be viewed at the following URL (in simplified Chinese)
For more information on the WTO notification (G/TBT/N/CHN/1558), please refer to the following link (in English)