On March 5, 2021, the People’s Government of Hebei Province released the “Ten measures for deeply implement the comprehensive control of air pollution of Hebei province”. The 10 measures proposed in the document are as follows.
- Strictly control the total consumption of coal.
- Effectively reduce pollutant emission from industrial enterprises.
- Conduct self-inspection on the operation rate and removal rate of the collection or treatment facilities for VOCs.
- Strengthen the collection and treatment of emissions from the storage and transportation of VOC-containing material of industrial enterprises.
- Strengthen the substitution of bulk-coal and regulation on coal quality.
- Speed up the construction process of road-to-rail transformation project.
- Strengthen the control of diesel trucks emissions.
- Fully implement the National Ⅵ standard for motor vehicles. Complete the elimination of diesel trucks with National Ⅲ standard or below by the end of June, 2021.
- Strengthen the control of road dust.
- Strengthen the dust management of construction site and urban bare pavement.
- Strengthen the coordinated control of ozone pollution.
- Strengthen the coordinated control of VOC and NOx (Nitrogen-oxide) and the treatment measures of key areas and key industries.
- Strictly implement national standards and Hebei provincial standards which related to VOC content limits in products, and promote the product switching in enterprises.
- Strengthen the control of open burning of straw and garbage.
- Strengthen the measures against the dust in mines.
The document mentions that Shijiazhuang, Tangshan, Xingtai, Handan, these 4 cities will make detailed implementation plans to further strengthen their countermeasures. In addition, it also mentions measures such as carrying out special work related ozone pollution during May to September.
For the original text, please refer to the following URL (in simplified Chinese)