On February, 2021, the Shanghai Municipal Bureau of Ecology and Environment released the “Calculation method for the emission reduction of VOC control projects (trial)”, its outline is as follows.
- The method specifies the technical requirements for the calculation method for the emission reduction of industrial VOC control project.
- The method applies to the estimation, accounting and approval for the VOC emission reduction of industrial VOC control projects in Shanghai.
- Industrial VOC control projects are classified into the following 3 types according to the pollutant reduction methods.
- End-treatment project
- Source reduction project
- Intermediate control project
Calculation method of emission reduction
- The emission reduction is calculated based on the comparison between statistical period (after control measures are implemented) and comparison period (before control measures are implemented).
- The following is the calculation method for end-treatment projects※.
- Emission reduction projects which collect/purify or retrieve/destroy the VOC.
Actual emission reduction=D1-D2
- D1: The measured value of VOC emission reduction of the end-treatment facility in the comparison period (calculated according to formula 2, unit is ton)
- D2: The measured value of VOC emission reduction of the end-treatment facility in the statistical period (calculated according to formula 2, unit is ton)
- Formula 2: measured value=VOC measured value of the end-treatment facility entrance- VOC measured value of the end-treatment facility exit
At the moment, the original text of the document cannot be found on the official website.