On December 8,2020, the following 3 mandatory national standards (GB), which set air pollutants emission standards, have been newly released. All of them will come into force on January 1, 2021.
- Emission standard of air pollutants for foundry industry (GB 39726-2020)
- Emission standard of air pollutants for pesticide industry (GB 39727-2020)
- Emission standard of air pollutants for onshore oil and gas exploitation and production industry (GB 39728-2020)
The above standards stipulate emission limits for air pollutants such as VOCs. The following is an example of the limit values stipulated in the “Emission standard of air pollutants for foundry industry” (GB39726-2020).
|Production process||Particulate matter||Benzene||BTEX||NMHC||TVOC※|
※ The emission limit of TVOC will be implemented after the national technical guidelines for pollutant monitoring is released.
In addition, the following 4 mandatory national standards amendments were released at the same time. The following amendments will come into force one month after the release date.
- Emission standards of pollutants for inorganic chemical industry (GB 31573-2015) amendment
- Emission standard of air pollutants for brick and tile industry (GB 29620-2013) Revised
- Emission standard of pollutants for sintering and pelletizing of iron and steel (GB 28662-2012) amendment
- Emission standard of air pollutants for steel rolling industry (GB 28665-2012) amendment
The following is an example of the amendments in the “Emission standards of pollutants for inorganic chemical industry”.
Amendment of “Table 3 Air Pollutant Emission Limits”
|Before amending||After amending|
|Pollutant||Limited pollutant sources||Limit value||Pollutant||Limited pollutant sources||Limit value|
|Nitrogen oxides||Sodium silicate industry||400mg/m3||Nitrogen oxides||All the sources||200mg/m3|
For the original text of the above standards, please refer to the following URL. (Simplified Chinese)