Ministry of Ecology and Environment of People’s Republic of China released “Interim Measures for the Management of South-South Cooperation Material Assistance Project in Response to Climate Change” on Nov,26 2020. The Interim Measures took effect on the date of promulgation. An overview of the Interim Measures is as follows.
Note1: South-South Cooperation: Among developing countries, a country that is well-developed in one area supports the development of another.
“South-South Cooperation Material Assistance Project in Response to Climate Change”
- “South-South Cooperation Material Assistance Project in Response to Climate Change” refers to a project that is supported by the Chinese government’s foreign aid funds in response to climate change, with the main contents of providing free assistance to the recipient for materials that have the effect of mitigating or adapting to climate change and materials for ecological and environmental protection that have synergistic effect with addressing climate change.
- Developing countries and global or regional organizations dominated by developing countries, which have established diplomatic relations with China and are in need of assistance.
Scope and requirements for assistance materials
- Low-carbon and environmental protection equipment, facilities and products such as energy saving, water saving, energy-renewable that have climate change mitigation or adaptation effects, and equipment, facilities and products such as environmental monitoring, pollution prevention, and political protection with synergistic effects in responding to climate change.
- The goods shall be procured in China and meet the laws and regulations on export of goods.
- The project will be planned by the Ministry of Ecology and Environment and submitted to the International Development Cooperation Office.
- Companies will be invited to implement the project through a bidding process conducted by the contracting agency of the Ministry of Ecology and Environment.
- Successful bidders will implement the project in accordance with laws and regulations.
For the original text of the above Interim Measures, please refer to the following URL (Simplified Chinese).