On November 2, 2020, the Ministry of Ecology and Environment of China published the second List of Priority Chemicals for Regulation. The 18 listed chemical substances are as follows.
|Number||Name of chemical||CAS No.|
|PC028||Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, including:|
|PC029||Polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins (PCDDs)
Polychlorinated dibenzofurans (PCDFs)
|PC035||Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) and its salts and related compounds||335-67-1 (PFOA)|
|PC037||Thallium and its compounds||7440-28-0 (Thallium)|
|PC038||Pentachlorophenol and its salts and their esters||87-86-5
1 Hydrogen cyanide, any simple cyanide compounds (mostly alkali metal and alkaline earth metal cyanides) and zinc cyanide complexes.
One or more of the following regulatory measures against environmental risks will be taken for chemical substances listed above.
- The chemical substances on the list will be added to the List of Toxic and Hazardous Air Pollutants, List of Toxic and Hazardous Water Pollutants, List of Priority Toxic and Hazardous Substances in Soil for Regulation, etc. and managed by the Air Pollution Control Act, Water Pollution Control Act and Soil Pollution Control Act.
- Companies that use toxic or hazardous substances for production or discharge toxic or hazardous substances in production operations will be subject to mandatory clean production audits according to the Clean Production Promotion Act.
- Companies subject to a mandatory clean production audit will have their relevant information published, including names and quantities of toxic and hazardous materials they use or discharge according to the Measures on Clean Production Audits.
- Relevant mandatory national standards will be revised and some of the chemical substances will be banned in certain products.
- Companies will be advised to use materials and products on the List of Substitutes for Toxic and Hazardous Materials (Products) Recommended by the Government, and to keep developing and using low-toxic and low-hazardous as well as non-toxic and non-hazardous materials.
The original list can be viewed at this link (in Simplified Chinese):