On December 28, 2021, the Government of Vietnam promulgated Decision No.2215/QD-TTg regarding the National Action Plan on Overcoming the Post-war Consequences of Toxic Chemicals/Dioxin in Vietnam for the 2021-2030 Period (hereinafter referred to as this Decision). The original text of this Decision can be downloaded from the following URL.
The goals under this Decision are as follows.
- Complete the treatment of dioxin contaminated areas that have been identified as problematic.
- Manage the impact and risk of toxic chemicals/dioxin on human health to avoid additional victims.
- Identify the victims of toxic chemicals/dioxin, resolve their difficulties, and help them reintegrate into their communities.
- Develop the capacity to effectively assess, process, analyze, and manage remediation activities related to post-war toxic chemicals/dioxin contamination.
Missions and measures
Specific measures to achieve the above goals are as follows.
- Review, develop, and complete the legal documents, regulations, and standards necessary to resolve the impact of toxic chemicals/dioxin.
- Conduct promotional activities to raise public awareness of toxic chemicals/dioxin remediation work in Vietnam.
- Accelerate the systematization of toxic chemicals/dioxin treatment to facilitate the management of exposure risk and prevention of increased victimization.
- Ensure the implementation of systems and policies for victims of toxic chemicals/dioxin.
- Strengthen national management, capacity building, and scientific and technological research to overcome the impact of toxic chemicals/dioxin.
- Socialize toxic chemicals/dioxin remediation work through enhanced international cooperation.