On February 14, 2022, the Ministry of Labor of Taiwan released the revised controlled chemicals list based on the Article 2 of “Regulations Governing Designation and Handling Permission of Controlled Chemicals”, and the revised list will come into force on April 1, 2022. According to the revision of November, 2021, the classification of “controlled chemicals” defined in Article 2 of the regulation was revised as follows.
|2. Based on the classification of national standard CNS 15030, chemicals that belongs to any of the following chemicals and have been designated by the central competent authority.
(1) Substances that is carcinogenic, mutagenic or toxic for reproduction.
(2) Respiratory allergens category 1.
(3) Seriously damaging/irritating eye substances category 1.
(4) Specific target organ toxicants-repeated exposure
3. Based on the classification of national standard CNS 15030, chemicals that have physicochemical hazard or harmful effect on health, and have been designated by the central competent authority.
Based on the provisions of “Occupational Safety and Health Law”, it is necessary to make a notification to Ministry of Labor when handling “controlled chemicals”. The list released this time includes newly designated chemicals based on the definition of the revised regulation. The newly released “controlled list” are as follows.
Designated chemicals based on Article 2, Paragraph 2 (“2” above) (889 types)
- According to the Appendix 2 of the revised regulation, when handling a mixture in which the content concentration (weight percentage) of carcinogenic substances category 1 or mutagenic substances category 1 reaches more than 1%, the notification is required regardless of the annual handling amount.
- Mixtures with content concentration (weight percentage) of substances listed in above list reaches more than 1% are also subject to regulation.
Designated chemicals based on Article 2, Paragraph 3 (“3” above) (163 types)
- Mixtures containing hazardous components listed in the above list are also included.
- Notification will be required when the maximum total handling amount reached the limit specified in Appendix 3 of the regulation (for details, please refer to Article 6 of the regulation).
On November 5, 2015 and December 27, 2018, designated controlled chemicals lists based on old regulation were released. According to the Ministry of Labor, this time the list was newly released as its classification was made based on the new classification of the regulation, which was revised on November 5,2021. In addition, there are no newly added chemicals this time.
For the original text of the above announcement, please refer to the following URL (in traditional Chinese).