On August 26, 2021, Bureau of Energy, Ministry of Economic Affairs, Taiwan issued a public notice regarding the amendment of the “Energy Efficiency Criteria and Labeling Method for Energy Label Qualified Washing Machines”. The revised criteria will take effect on September 1, 2023. In addition, Taiwan’s Energy Label system is a voluntary energy efficiency certification (while Energy Efficiency Rating Labeling is a mandatory system). The main amendments are as follows.
Washing machines that meet the provisions of the national standard CNS 60335-2-7 “Household and similar electrical appliances − Safety − Part 2-7: Particular requirements for washing machines”.
Energy Efficiency Criteria
It was revised as shown in the table below.
|Machine Type||Measured electricity consumption (kWh/kg-clothes)|
|revised criteria||existing criteria|
In a public notice dated August 30, 2021, the provisions regarding the expiration date of the certificate for the transition between the old and new standards were established as follows.
- When the report based on both the existing and revised criteria is attached, the certificate is valid for 2 years.
- If only the report based on the existing criteria is attached, the certificate will be valid until August 31, 2023.
- If only a report based on the revised criteria is attached, the certificate will be reviewed by the Inspection Review Board in August 2023 and will be valid for 2 years from September 1, 2023.
- If the report based on the revised criteria is attached, the certificate is valid for 2 years.
- If the report based on the revised criteria is not attached, the certificate is valid until August 31, 2023.
The original text of the above revised criteria can be viewed at the following URL (in traditional Chinese).