On January 29, 2021, the Bureau of Energy, Ministry of Economic Affairs of Taiwan released an explanatory document on the sampling inspection operations related to the “energy efficiency rating label” and “energy label” for fiscal year 2021. The outline of the document is as follows.
|The “energy efficiency rating label” is a mandatory energy-saving regulation that must be displayed on the target products, while the “energy label ” is a voluntary system that manufacturers implement on their own.|
Sampling and inspection of “energy efficiency rating label
Target items: The following 13 items.
- Ductless air conditioner
- Electric refrigerator
- Built-in Ballast Type Fluorescent Lamp
- Gas instant water heater
- Gas table stove
- Hot water dispenser
- Hot water storage type electric water heater
- Hot water type water server (open drinking machine)
- Cold water and hot water type water server (open drinking machines)
- Hot water type water server (drinking machine)
- Cold water and hot water type water server (drinking machine)
- Electric rice cookers (additional items for FY2021)
（Drinking machine: A water server that provides a direct source of potable water.）
（Open Drinking Machine: A water server that boils raw water to 95°C or higher before supplying it as drinking water.）
- After contacting the business operator in advance, a sample of the specified number of units need be sent to the laboratory for a sampling inspection.
- Inspections related to labeling, etc. will be conducted at dealer shops without prior notice.
- Electric rice cookers must be attached the energy efficiency rating label after January 1, 2020.
- For refrigerators and dehumidifiers should be attached the revised version of the label (document number in red).
- Ductless air conditioners must be labeled with CSPF (cooling period energy consumption efficiency).
Sampling inspection of the “Energy label”
Target items: 51 items, including washing machines.
Inspection results for FY2020
- The product with the highest rejection rate was “electric fans”, and by category, “lighting fixtures”.
For the original text of the above article, please refer to the following URL (in traditional Chinese).