Taiwan’s Bureau of Energy, Ministry of Economic Affairs on January 21, 2021 submitted a WTO/TBT notification titled Requirements on Minimum Energy Performance Standard, Labeling, and Inspection for Double-Capped LED Lamps. It sets out requirements on Minimum Energy Performance Standard (MEPS) and other aspects of double-capped LED lights. It is open to comments for 60 days from the notification date. The publication date has not been set yet, but it is expected to take effect on January 1, 2022. An outline of the draft regulations is given below.
- The regulations apply to LED lights that meet the National Standard of Republic of China (CNS) 16027 Double-capped LED Lamps Performance Requirement and are listed by the Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection, Ministry of Economic Affairs as items required to be inspected.
- Products with a rated and measured color rendering index (CRI) both equal to or above 95 are out of the scope.
Minimum Energy Performance Standard (MEPS)
|Non-dimmable AND non-color-adjustable products||Dimmable OR color-adjustable products|
|Rated luminous flux ≥ 600 lm||Rated luminous flux < 600 lm|
|Minimum Luminous efficacy (lm/W)||105.0||95.0||95.0|
- The initial value of measured power consumption must be within 90–110% of the rated value; except for products with a rated output of 5.0 W or less, whose measured power consumption must be within 80–120% of the rated value.
- The initial value of measured luminous flux must be within 90–120% of the rated value.
- The measured luminous efficacy must be at least 95% of the value displayed on the product and higher than the criteria in the table above.
Note: Measured luminous efficacy = initial measured luminous flux ÷ initial measured input power
The rated power consumption, rated luminous flux and rated luminous efficacy must be displayed on the product itself or its smallest package.
The full text of the draft regulations for WTO/TBT notification (in traditional Chinese) is available at:
You can see the details of the WTO/TBT notification G/TBT/N/TPKM/403 (in English) at: