On April 21, 2020, the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) of Vietnam announced that a draft of Circular on planning and implementation report of efficient energy use and and energy auditing (hereinafter referred to as the “Draft”) was released. This Draft is to replace a Circular No. 09/2012/TT-BCT enacted on April 20, 2012.
The original version of this Draft can be downloaded from the following URL:
http://legal.moit.gov.vn/data/documents/ bills/1049-TT09%20Clean%20V2-final%2021.4. 2020.rar
The composition of the draft
Chapter 1: General Provisions (Articles 1-3)
Chapter 2: Preparing and Reporting on the Efficient Energy Use (Articles 4-10)
Chapter 3: Energy Auditing (Article 11)
Chapter 4: Responsible Organization (Articles 12-16)
Chapter 1 defines the scope and coverage of this Draft as follows
- Preparing and reporting of annual and five-year plans for efficient energy use targeting on major energy-use facilities.
- Preparing and reporting of an annual plan for energy use targeting on national budget users consuming more than 100,000 kW of electricity
- Energy audit procedures and its reporting
In particular, Chapter 2 provides detailed provisions on energy use and implementation reporting, including:
- General provisions on how to declare energy efficient use plans and implementation reports
- Annual reporting on energy use in facilities and organizations
- Preparing an annual plan for effective energy use at facilities and reporting its implementation
- Preparing a five-year plan for effective energy use at facilities and reporting its implementation
- Preparing an annual plan for effective energy use at organizations and reporting its implementation
- Preparing a five-year plan for effective energy use at organizations and reporting its implementation
Regarding the planning and implementation reporting of efficient energy use, it will be processed on an official’s website (http:// www.dataenergy.vn). Official formats for declarations and reports are available on Appendix 1-3 of the Draft.
On the other hand, Chapter 3 specifies the procedures and reporting content for energy audits. Specifically, Annex 4 specifies the procedures for energy audits consisting 6 steps and a format of the report.
Chapter 4 sets out the responsibilities of the Department of Industry and Trade and related agencies or business associations and state-owned companies, as well as annual reporting of efficient energy use and implementing energy audit for facilities not listed in major energy use facilities.