On November 19, 2021, the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy of South Korea announced the proposed amendment to the Enforcement Regulations of Energy Use Rationalization Act to partially revise and supplement the format and content of Attachment Form No. 8 “Energy Consumption Declaration Form”. Specifically, the following fields will be added to the existing form:
- Company classification code based on the Korea Standard Industrial Classification (KSIC),
- Sales amount of the company, and
- Energy consumption for each process unit.
The Ministry solicits opinions on the proposed amendment until December 29, 2021.
Energy consumption declaration system
This system has been implemented in order to collect and analyze data on energy usage, actual savings, and facilities of large energy consumers (businesses with “energy consumption” of 2000 toe or more) and utilize the data as a basis for energy conservation policies. The term “energy consumption” refers to the total annual consumption of fuel, heat, and electricity.
In accordance with Article 31 of the Energy Use Rationalization Act, large energy consumers must prepare and submit an Energy Consumption Declaration Form to the local government of the region where the energy consuming facility is located by January 31 of each year. The Energy Consumption Declaration Form shall contain the following information.
- Quarterly energy consumption and production volume of products for the previous year
- Expected quarterly energy consumption and production volume of products for the current year
- Ownership status of energy consuming equipment and materials
- Quarterly results of energy use rationalization in the previous year and quarterly plans for the current year
- The status of the person (energy manager) in charge of operations for the above items 1 to 4
The proposed amendment to the Enforcement Regulations of Energy Use Rationalization Act can be viewed at the following URL (in Korean).